- 1tsp extra-virgin Olive oil (misto spray)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 lb extra-lean ground turkey breast
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 (28oz) jar tomatoes in juice (I roasted tomatoes, basil and garlic from my garden and used that)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 8-10 sheets whole wheat lasagna noodles
- 1 (10oz) box frozen spinach, thawed (I used fresh baby spinach steamed)
- 1 (15oz) container low fat ricotta (I used low sodium 2% cottage cheese)
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to boil. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, rinse and allow to cool in colander.
Preheat oven to 400. Squeeze all moisture out of the spinach and place in a large bowl. Add ricotta cheese, egg, and 1/4 cup mozzarella. Stir until combined
Spread 1 cup of sauce into bottom of a 9x13 casserole dish. Lay a cooked lasagna noodle flat in front of you. Use your fingers to spread the ricotta mixture across the noodle and roll it up. Place rolled pasta, seam side down, into the casserole dish. Repeat with the remaining noodles. Spread remaining tomatoes sauce over roll ups, then top with remaining mozzarella.
Bake, covered with foil, for 20 minutes. Remove foil and broil for five minutes or until roll ups are browned and bubbly.
Nutrients per one roll up: Calories 234, Total Fat 3g, Carbs 27g, Fiber 5g, Sugars 7g, Protein 28g, Sodium 508g (Less with your own roasted tomatoes) Cholesterol 76mg
Determination is the heartbeat of a dream. Determination says success is sticking to the task when the feelings for it have disappeared. It’s what ushers a dream into a reality.