Thursday, August 18, 2011

Baked Popcorn Chicken


 If your kids are like mine, this is their go to food of choice.
So, I make my own! Super easy and healthier too!

  • Misto spray (or Pam Olive oil)
  • 2 large egg whites
  • 1/2 to 3/4 cup Red Hot ( I use more..)
  • 2 cups Whole Wheat Panko Bread crumbs (or regular if  you cant find whole wheat)
  • 2 pounds chicken breasts cut into 1 inch chunks
Heat oven to 450*. Coat a large baking sheet with your misto.
 In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg whites and Red Hot,
Add chicken cubes. (I let the chicken marinate for about 30 minutes or so)
Roll the chicken in the Panko bread crumbs.
Place them on the pan close but not touching.
Spritz chicken again with your misto.
Bake for 15 minutes, flip chicken pieces and cook another 5 minutes.
Serves 8, 6 pieces of chicken is 145 calories.

I love this on a salad, or dipped into Greek yogurt with some ranch seasoning, or BBQ sauce, salsa...whatever you can think of! Try it...Your kids will love you for it ;)

                                                  Nothing tastes as good as being thin (healthy) feels.


1 comment:

  1. Wowza!!!!!!!!! Thanks so much for this...why haven't I been doing it??? I'm thinking I can do a whole bunch and then freeze them??

    ReplyDelete