Thursday, August 11, 2011

My Latest Favorite Dish

My garden is over flowing with squash, tomatoes and basil, just to name a few! Sooo...I made my own little vegetable saute`!
  • 4oz Turkey
  • red onion, diced
  • summer squash, (1.5 cup) diced
  • tomato
  • 1 cup broccoli slaw
  • basil, chopped
  • Mrs. Dash Garlic and herb spice mix
Brown the turkey and the red onion, add in all the other ingredients in order, finish with Mrs. Dash. I kept the veggies moving while I added the other veggies, after the tomatoes and Spices, I covered until the summer squash was cooked to my liking.

I have also added jalapeno peppers and a salt free fajita mix. Cabbage (when my hubby wasn't looking...its his favorite!) instead of the broccoli slaw. Steamed broccoli. Chicken breast instead of turkey. A Portobello mushroom too!

As you can see it makes a ton! I like a lot of food!
Nutritional info (original way)
calories: 231, fat 8.6g, carbs 17.1g, protein 27.5g

Lift is too short for tunics! Pam Meinert

1 comment:

  1. Yummmmmmm! That is right up my alley!!! Lovin' all those summer garden veggies!

    ReplyDelete