Monday, June 27, 2011

Motivation Monday



For all who know me, you know that I am a Gemini  true to the core! I thought this picture was perfect for my post today! Don't we ALL have a "good" and "evil" side?!

I reserve Sundays exercising solely for me, running...! I usually run around 8-10 miles. Not fast, not slow, just my speed...whatever it happens to be that given day. Well, yesterday I just didn't want to go...we got back from church and I changed into my running stuff, did the dishes...let the dogs out...picked some weeds...thought about what I was going to cook for dinner...strapped my ipod on my arm, kissed the boys and left! Jeez! Just go already!  The whole way out to the end of my lane I kept telling myself  "It'll be a quick one!" Picked my music and off I went.

2 and a half miles into my run I have a mile or so long hill that really gets me going one way or another! I trudged up and up the hill! At the top is a house with 3 dogs all the same colors but not the same breed, I find it funny they match! They hate me! They bark like crazy at me! Thank goodness for an electric fence! I get to the top of the hill...what way do I go? Well, I think... the way with the least amount of road kill, and I go right.

I keep on thinking "OK, after this sign I'll turn around" I don't, I keep going... I think, now I'll turn and look behind me for traffic so I can cross the road for my trip back home...42 cars coming. Crap! Keep going! OK how about now...15 more, nope! Keep going. Got a few beeps...do I know you?! No...Keep going! Almost get hit...teenager texting! Keep going! Here is my spot, mile number 4 turn and go back, all is clear...GO!

I finally get back safe and sound and tired and sweaty. Yes I did it! I feel so much better! I got to empty some of the clutter I keep in my head from the week prior. I am in a better frame of mind. I feel good sliding on my bathing suit and lounging by the pool all day. I moved my body, I did it for me, I did not listen to the bad lazy person in my head that said..."Nah...don't go running today, lay around. You have to teach class tomorrow anyway!" Sometimes you just have to tell that bad person to shut up and just Keep Going! I'm glad I did!

Food for Thought: The starting point of all achievement is desire. Keep this constantly in mind. Strengthen Your Desire! Weak desires bring weak results, just as a small amount of fire makes a small amount of heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment