Thursday, June 16, 2011

Grilled Portobello Mushrooms

We love portobello mushrooms here! I kinda threw these together as a side dish real quick one night with the chicken I was grilling. They turned out fantastic!

4 large Portobello Mushrooms
1 or 2 tomatoes
1 clove garlic minced
3 oz Fat Free Feta
fresh basil (I used mine from my garden!) about 6-8 leaves, finely chopped
Misto spray (olive oil spray)

Prepare the grille, medium heat. Cut the stems of the Portobello and chop up. Chop up tomatoes, and add garlic, feta, and basil in a medium bowl. Let sit and marinate for a few minutes. Wash off mushrooms, pat dry. Spray both sides with your misto. Scoop tomato mixture evenly on mushrooms. Carefully set them on
the grille. I grilled mine for about 15 or 20 minutes...but every grill is different, so check often after 10-15 minutes. I do have to say they were awesome! I could have eaten all four!

Portobello Mushrooms are high in potassium 664.7mg to be exact for a 4 oz mushroom! Beats the heck out of a grilled banana ;)
90 Calories, 1.08g Fat, 9.70g Carbs, 12.95g Protein

Food for Thought: The starting point of all achievement is desire. Keep this constantly in mind. Strengthen Your Desire! Weak desires bring weak results, just as a small amount of fire makes a small amount of heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment