Monday, January 23, 2012

Monday Motivation


I was computer shopping today...guess what kind?! Oh my it's a beautiful thing! Anyway.....The sales guy (kid) asked me what I kind of things do I do on a computer. "Well I blog!" I proudly say! He said, "what do you blog about?" I thought that was a weird question, being I just wanted to buy a computer. Anyway...I said, "I have a health and fitness blog." "Wow", (I'm sure he felt WOW!) he said, "that's cool. Well about adding pictures to your blog....."

That got me thinking on my way home...Do you know that I am about "Health" and "Fitness"? Not about  being skinny and how to get there fast! Sometimes I think all women think about is "How can I get super skinny, TOMORROW?!" They pick up any publication that says "LOSE 20 POUNDS IN TWO WEEKS!" Unrealistic and just not healthy, and what that does to your body! Whoa...! Talk about a metabolism crasher!

You must eat, EAT! To be healthy! Do ever wonder why you failed on the Slimfast program, or the Special K program? "Just drink 2 shakes for breakfast and lunch and have a sensible dinner!" Just eat a bowl of special K for breakfast and lunch and have a sensible dinner! Lose up to 6 pounds in a week!" Can you live the rest of your life just eating cereal? Or Slimfast twice a day? Hell no! Real food...EAT REAL FOOD! Chicken, beef, fish, eggs, turkey, broccoli, spinach, lettuce, kale, sweet potatoes, I could make lists and lists of real food you can eat and still be healthy and lose weight (if that is what you choose) and have great energy, beautiful skin and hair, and energy! Oh ...I said that already.... just making a point :)

Health, it's something we take for granted until its gone. Think about the "fuel" that you feed yourself and your family. Is it the "High Octane"? Or is the cheapest low grade fuel that you can buy, just so you can go from here to there? I don't know about you, but I didn't lease this body, and I can't trade it in anytime soon, so I have to take care of it myself! And I'll do that with REAL FOOD!

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives."

No comments:

Post a Comment