Wednesday, January 11, 2012
Here is a few tips to keep in mind when eating clean!
1. Eat when you are hungry. I know that sounds silly, but sometimes we are not hungry when we eat! We are bored, thirsty, stressed out...You know the reasons!! Take a few moments and really think about the state of "hunger" you are in before diving into that bowl of ice cream!
2. Stop eating when you are full. Studies show that it takes a full 20 minutes for our brains to realize that we are full. Slow down while eating, have a conversation with your family, (?!) read (if no one else is with you!) Set your fork down between bites. Pay attention to how you feel. Feel your stomach getting fuller. And stop before it's FULL!!
3. Focus on each bite, not the whole meal. Take note of the textures of the food. The flavors of the food(broccoli is actually sweet!). The first bite is actually the most satisfying bite, savor it. It may be all you need!
4. Minimize distraction. Turn off the TV, iPhone, Ipad...(unless you are reading! or logging your food that you are eating! OK...Just turn off the TV!)
5. Write it down. Keep a food log! Studies show that people who have lost weight and have kept it off over five years, have kept a food journal. I do! Start one today!
Statistically, 100 percent of the shots you don't take don't go in. ~Wayne Gretzky