Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Side Effects of Artificial Sweetners


For the past 2 months I have felt "weird". I was very fatigued, my joints ached, I had headaches, bruised easily,I had chest pain, and was light headed and dizzy when I exercised! I went to my Doctors office, she ran the regular blood tests, they showed nothing. She said that she thought that I possibly had an autoimmune disease...Lupus! So she sent me to a Rhumatologist. He ran a boat load of tests, X rays, Blood tests and asked an hours worth of questions. Well, 12 viles of blood, 5 X rays and two weeks later. My tests came back "pristine"! So...Why do I feel like crap? The Doctor asked what, if anything, have I done different over the past year. Well I have been chewing sugar free gum like crazy! It was my vice, my sugar fix! He said that artificial sweeteners can have an Autoimmune disease effect in some people! ME!

Here is a list of what is in my gum:
Acesulfame-K:  Animal studies have linked the chemical to lung and breast tumors and thyroid problems.

Aspartame: The FDA has received thousands of complaints due mostly to neurological symptoms such as headaches, dizziness, memory loss, and in rare cases, epileptic seizures. Many studies have shown aspartame to be completely harmless, while others indicate that the additive might be responsible for a range of cancers.

Mannitol: Because sugar alcohols are not fully digested, they can cause intestinal discomfort, gas, bloating, flatulence, and diarrhea.

Sorbitol: Like other sugar alcohols, it can cause intestinal discomfort, gas, bloating, flatulence and diarrhea.

Yellow #6: Several studies have linked this dye to learning and concentration disorders in children, and there are piles of animal studies demonstrating potential risks such as kidney and intestinal tumors.

Do yourself and your family a favor and google "side effects of artificial sweeteners" You will be amazed!

Put the artificial sugar down and pick up agave, stevia or real organic sugar!

You've got to say, I think that if I keep working at this and want it badly enough I can have it. It's called perseverance.

No comments:

Post a Comment