Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Again...Sodium



I love my husband, but I wish he would listen to me!! He came home on Friday with 3 empty bags of this particular jerky. I asked "Did you eat all these?!" He said "Yeah, we were out of chicken, So I had that, protein bars, and apple and a plum". As I stood there with my mouth hanging open...I said " Do you know how much sodium is in one bag? 2065mg...you had 3 BAGS! 6195mg of sodium, and that was just lunch"!!! His rebuttal was, "But it has 15 grams of protein and 80 calories per serving." AAAHHHHHH!

The average healthy person can consume 2300mg of sodium, max per day. The unhealthy person, a person with high blood pressure, diabetes, or chronic kidney disease should consume 1500mg.

How much  sodium does the average American consume? Between 3500mg and 5000mg per day! So, I guess, my husband is almost "average"!

The road to success is dotted with many tempting parking places.

No comments:

Post a Comment