Thursday, October 27, 2011

Picadillo Chicken


I think I was Spanish in my former life! I love anything with a Mexican flair. Si! So when I came across this recipe, I had to try it. I changed a few things because of what I had and what I didn't have. I served it over 3 cups of organic spring mix. Very filling and tasty!!

Makes one serving:
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
1/2 clove garlic chopped
saute in a pan sprayed with your misto for about 5 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
Place 4oz of diced chicken in your pan, saute.
Add in 1/4 tsp of chili powder
1/4 tsp cumin
sea salt and black pepper to taste. Cook until chicken is no longer pink.

Chop up a small tomato, Like a Roma, add to pan with the onions, peppers and garlic.
Chop up a 1/2 bunch cilantro (more or less to your liking)
Cook until cilantro is wilted.

Like I said, I placed this lovely mixture over spring mix, or you could stuff your favorite whole wheat wrap with it! Perfect for lunch or dinner. Especially when you've made your kids chicken and biscuits!

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.

1 comment:

  1. I cannot wait to have a kitchen. Looks and sounds yummy. Where is that recipe book? I think you should call it From the Earth Recipes by Tammy Friedt. You say that all the time. You are funny about being Spanish. It just occurred to me how often you refer to something Spanish or Mexican in class. You are a NiƱita (= little Spanish girl).

    ReplyDelete