Monday, October 10, 2011

Motivation Monday!

 Meet my friend Heidi Keefer!
I never had a real issue with my weight before, was always in the “normal” range for my height.  I’ve always been active and into playing sports, especially football with my guy friends & the youth group kids from my church.  I got pregnant while training for a half marathon in July 2010, and completed the race (morning sickness and all) in September, when I was 2 months along.  I continued working out in an attempt to not gain as much weight as I did with my first pregnancy, which was 40 pounds.  My goal was to not exceed a 25 pound weight gain.  I was on track until January came.  That's when my older brother suddenly passed away.  I took a couple weeks off the gym to be with family and deal with a lot of emotions.  Then I spent most of February in pain with kidney stones.  I kinda lost focus there for awhile and started eating a lot of junk food.  Once life settled down I started back at the gym, but was still stuffing my face at home.  So by the time I gave birth to my daughter in April I had gained 43 pounds.  So much for gaining less this time, huh??  Even though I started working out again about 4 weeks postpartum, I also started smoking again.  Yep, after 9 months without a cigarette, I let the stress of life get to me.  Then in June I decided I wanted to start studying to be a personal trainer.  The further I was getting into my books I realized the cigarettes had to go, once and for all.  And so did my bad eating habits.  That’s when the last of my baby weight finally melted off.  And by early September, I was back at my pre pregnancy weight, 125.  I am currently 2 pounds under that weight and am the strongest I have ever been in my life.  I still have a little way to go, but at least I know what I need to do now.  Eating clean is not always easy, but it makes sense.  There should be no other way of eating.  As Tammy always says, we should know what were putting in our bodies - read the labels!!  I give so much credit to Tammy for always being motivating and so willing to share all her knowledge about working out and eating right.

Heidi's favorite quote:
Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment