Weight loss, Fat loss, Get fit, Be healthier, Drop a dress size.... What ever your goal is, it all comes back to your nutrition.
Six Rules for Fat Loss:
- Eat 5-6 small meals every 2-3 hours throughout the day, rather than three large meals. By eating 5 to 6 times a day it elevates your metabolism and keeps you from ever being hungry and gorging yourself at each meal because you are starving.
- Eat lean, clean protein at every meal (chicken breasts, egg whites, lean ground turkey, fish, whey protein powder, game meats like bison/elk). Eating protein at every meal keeps you full longer and raises your metabolism. It takes your body longer to break down protein than a starchy carb. (think pizza, crackers, bread, pasta, rice...)
- Add a fruit or vegetable to the meal. (Non-starchy vegetables like green leafies, berries etc..)
- Starchy carbohydrates should be the meal's last priority, and choose ones that have the lowest metabolic impact like oat bran, sweet potatoes, brown rice and beans.
- Sweets and refined grains (like white bread and pasta) have no place in a fat loss nutrition plan. If you must indulge, keep it to three bites.
- Include healthy fats like those from nuts (watch portion sizes), olive oil and fatty fish like salmon. To harness the fat burning power of omega-3 fats, consider a PCB-free fish oil supplement.
You cannot out-exercise a bad diet. ~ Tammy Friedt