Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Do you eat out of boxes?



I was talking with some of the football Mom's last night at practice, when one stood up and said "I've got to go to the grocery store.." Another Mom said, "Gosh, I can't remember the last time I got grocery's". "Really?!" I replied, "Where do  you get your fresh vegetables and fruit?" I was expecting her to say...Oh, I have a garden, or I shop at the farmers market, or I belong to a co-op. Nope! Non of that BS...She replies "We love Hamburger Helper and canned or frozen fruit and vegetables". "Are you serious? Nothing fresh?" "Nope, I just don't have time for it!" "Do you realize the amount of sodium and chemicals you are ingesting"?! She looked at me blankly..That's where I bit my toung...till it bled!

Don't get me started on sugar! This is a snip of an article I read over the weekend:
"At this point, sugary beverages are the number-one problem in the American diet. They're the number-one source of calories on average. Sugary beverages are also the number-one sales item in terms of dollars in grocery stores, and a lot are consumed at McDonald's and other fast food places.

They're like cigarette smoking. They're only bad and they have no redeeming virtue. And the adverse effect are weight gain, diabetes, heart disease, gout, cavities, and maybe some cancers as well."

This means DIET soda too!

Come on people!Eat REAL FOOD!!!!!!

“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.”

No comments:

Post a Comment