Monday, September 12, 2011

Goals



I am a goal oriented kind of girl. When I was 208 pounds, my goal was to exercise everyday during my boys nap time. My goal was to get out of my husbands jeans and into mine. It took almost a full year, but I lost 60 pounds.

One winter after I packed away many holiday treats, I needed a new goal. I decided to train for a sprint triathlon. That summer I participated in 3 sprints, one June July and August and I lost the 10 pounds I had gained over the winter!

Create an attainable, realistic goal. Now take that goal and break it down into short weekly goals. For me to look at the 60 pounds that I wanted to lose, was daunting! So I broke it down to small attainable goals, like exercising during nap time, 2 pounds weight loss per week. If I lost 1 pound one week, I felt like "Half way to 2 pounds, not bad". If I looked at that same pound and my ultimate goal, I would have been like "Big freakin deal...I've got 59 more to go, I suck!" Accentuate the positive! It works!

So think about where you want to be, make a goal, break it down and achieve it! You can do anything you set your mind to!

 You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.~Unknown Author

No comments:

Post a Comment