Thursday, September 29, 2011

Roasted Butternut Squash




  Oh my garden was so good to me this year! I have a ton of butternut squash! One of my favorite ways to cook butternut squash is to roast it. It's so simple.
Preheat your oven to 400
Peel butternut squash with a vegetable peeler
scoop out the seeds (don't throw them out!)
cube squash into small pieces
and bake for about 30-40 minutes!
I spray the bar pan with my misto olive oil spray.
That's it! Perfect side dish, or a great addition to a salad!

Now for the seeds...I roasted them in a separate bar pan lightly sprayed with my misto
sprinkled some sea salt over top of the seeds.
Roasted them a bit shorter than the squash,
 about 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
Great snack!
Next time I may sprinkle them with a truvia packet and nutmeg... :)

You're never beaten until you admit it.


No comments:

Post a Comment