Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Nutrition Tips...Water Water Everywhere!


Yes, this is my water bottle...It is a 64oz (2 liters, 2 quarts, a 1/2 gallon... however you want to put it!)!
I drink 2 1/2 to 3 bottles a day. Yes... I know where EVERY bathroom is in my area! But, I am well hydrated!
Water facts:
  1. Roughly 75% of your body is water, it is mostly stored in the skin. (Think ...clear skin!)
  2. Your metabolic rate is increased by 30% when you drink cold water. The reason is, because your body has to work harder to increase the temperature of the water to match your body temperature.
  3. Water is the main facilitator of digestion...do I have to explain that?
  4. Water is the main component  of the blood, brain, cells, muscles, joints and organs!
  5. We can live for weeks without food, but only a few days without water!
That is just naming a few things on why we need to drink sufficient amount of water! Of course there is always this wonderful fact: Most of the time when we think we are hungry and are noshing down everything in sight...we are merely thirsty! So drink a tall cold glass of water and re-assess your hunger!

I was having lunch the other day with friends when one said that she heard that she was suppose to drink 1/2 her body weight in water! She thought they meant "in pounds"! Wow that's a whole load of water!! :)
Its actually your weight divided in half, is how many ounces of water you should drink! I personally feel good with a gallon and a half, with lemon of course!

"If we defend our habits, we have no intentions of quitting them."

2 comments:

  1. I'm like a camel and rarely feel thirsty, so I always have to remind myself to drink lots of water! Having that container around would really remind me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found you over at Hope Studio and it couldn't come at a better time. Trying to lose those pesky 5-8 lbs that always find me during the winter time. And - I am so guilty of going all day with nothing to drink but coffee. I look forward to you upcoming posts!

    ReplyDelete