Monday, April 25, 2011

Motivation... Music!

Music motivates me!

I was on my way to the Y the other morning when Young The Giants came on the radio...a song called "My Body".  So I'm singing along (which I only do when I'm alone and in a sealed compartment!) Well.... here is the part in the song where I go... "What did he just say?.... "

My body tells me no
But I won't quit
Cause I want more
Cause I want more
My body tells me no
But I won't quit
Cause I want more
Cause I want more

Now, I'm sure it means something different to them, but to me it meant,  kick it up a notch "cause I want more" I'm not going to quit until I'm sufficiently done!

When I lift weights I like rock music!

Like this play list:
House of Wolves by My Chemical Romance
Closer to the Edge by 30 Seconds to Mars
Sweet Disposition by The Temper Trap
Memories by Weezer
New Fang by Them Crooked Vultures
Down and Out by Tantric
Drum Trip by Rusted Root
Sleep Now In the Fire by Rage Against the Machine
Brick by Boring Brick by Paramore
That gets me going! Loud in my ears, I hear no one else, I focus on me and my goal!

When I run, I like a quick beat. In the group exercise business, we call it beats per minute or BPM. Running at 150 BPM I feel like I'm flying! I try to keep up to the beats.

What does music do for you? If you need some motivation in the music area...find me and I'll burn you a CD ;)

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down...

1 comment: