Friday, December 30, 2011

What I'm Lovin'


My friend "The Treat Girl" has struck again!! A while back she featured an Aerolatte on her blog. I thought "Oh... I think I would like one of those!" She bought it at Williams and Sonoma. I never get to a "real" mall. So, when I was Christmas shopping an Aerolatte went into "my Christmas bag"! Yay for me! Seriously...this little thing is super!! You need to get one.

And this is why...

I have vanilla protein in my coffee every morning. Sometimes it's smooth, sometimes I chew the last bit of my coffee. Not pleasant! This is what I do now...1 scoop of vanilla protein, 1/4 tsp of pumpkin pie spice, 1/4 cup of unsweetened almond milk, mix in my blender bottle and pour into my coffee mug. I then take my aerolatte and whip the protein mixture nice and frothy, add my coffee...Wa La! Perfect!

It does wonders on hot chocolate for my boys too!!! And speaking of hot chocolate...I had a craving for a peppermint hot chocolate...(Damn McDonald's commercials!) This is what I did to quench my taste buds...

1 cup unsweetened almond milk heated
2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa
2 packets Stevia
1/4 tsp peppermint extract

Add all together and using the aerolatte blend until the appropriate amount of froth. Oh My Goodness! What a treat! 75 calories, 3.5g fat, 7g carbs, and 3g protein! Yes that is correct, SEVENTY-FIVE calories!! I may make my coffee in the morning with chocolate protein and peppermint!

"It's good to know life has a lot to offer you, but even better to know that you have a lot to offer life!"

No comments:

Post a Comment